You don't see this everyday... In an incident that occurred on April 10, 1930, a plaintiff contends that Stamford Firemen purposely started a controlled burn for the purpose of burning brush from a parcel of land, and further alleges that the controlled burn damaged trees and shrubbery on his property [...]
Stamford Fire Department receives its new American LaFrance Triple Combination Hose, Pumper, and Chemical Equipment Car. It went into service as Engine No. 4 after the acceptance testing was completed on the Broad Street bridge.
The information contained within this post comes directly from the February 1924 Grand Ball Program. Central Fire Station Central fire station, at the junction of Main and Elm Street. Administration Victor H Viet, Fire Chief Joseph F Plant, Electrician S A Ezequelle, Mechanical Supervisor Lewis Y Krom, Deputy [...]
On September 19, 1955, at 3:00 pm, the Stamford Fire Department received their new 750 GPM Maxim. It was delivered by factory mechanic C. N. Gifford and Mr. R. Barthoemew, and O.B. Maxwell, sales representatives for Maxim Motors. The next day, the new Maxim was taken to Mill River for pumping [...]
Captains Supervisors & Inspectors Firefighters
Group #4, Station #1 Fire Lieutenant James B. Arndt has been chosen as the 2010 “Firefighter of the Year” for his outstanding & unconditional service and contribution to this department. Jim has devoted an exorbitant amount of time to establishing the MDT system, Firehouse maintenance, PC & printer repair and [...]
Contract signed with the American Fire Engine Company for a one-horse hose carriage, to be delivered in sixty days. Received November 21, 1898. Went into service November 24, 1898. Source: Thirty-Fourth Annual Entertainment and Ball Program