This two engines were warmly received by the members of the Department. The Tele-Squirt served the East side of Stamford as Engine 4, while its twin, without the squirt, served as Engine 3 for many years.
Service History: Truck 4 9/21/1955: Arrived from factory at 4:24pm with company engineer Fred Haskins and R. Bartholemew sales representative. This truck officially #4 Truck.9/22/1955: #4 Maxim Aerial Ladder Truck after testing and breaking drivers went in commission at #4 Station […]
Handtub “a fire-fighting apparatus consisting of an often tub-shaped reservoir of water pumped out through a hose by means of a pump with brakes that are rocked up and down by a number of men on each side of the […]
Stamford’s first pumping apparatus was known as the “Rippowam.” Pictured above, the “Rippowam” survived the early 1900’s and was on display in the “Relic” room on the third floor of the new Central Fire Station which was built in 1915. The Rippowam […]
During a violent afternoon storm on August 7, 1882, lightning struck the wooden steeple of the Presbyterian Church and set it afire. The church then was on the north side of Broad St. between Bedford and Summer. Atlantic Hose Co. […]