This photo was taken in front of the Luther Street Fire House. Since the new Central Fire Station was not opened in July 1915, the evidence suggests this photo was taken circa 1910.
According to Daniel Burke, who provide the original scan of the photo from the Stamford Historical Socirty collection, “There are names scribbled on the back. The ones that are readable are Krom, Ed Wilson.” According to research there was L.Y. Krom who started in 1907 and there was a J E Wilson that started in 1897.
This must be one of the individual fire companies group photos, as there are no Chief Officers in the picture. Just a Captain.