Apparatus of the Central Fire Station Officers of the Central Fire Station Donated by DC John Boesen Left to Right: Charles Speh, Mark O'Brien, Thomas Richardson, Martin Kennedy, Frank Fox, Victor Kurth, William Densky, Hawley Oefinger, Walter Seely, Victor Veit. Firefighters of the Central Fire Station Donated [...]
These firefighters are members of the Supernumerary Firefighting force. Supernumerary is defined as "present in excess of the normal or requisite number." Apparently, they were not paid, did not work but were eligible to be hired full time sometime down the road.
This photo was taken in front of the Luther Street Fire House. Since the new Central Fire Station was not opened in July 1915, the evidence suggests this photo was taken circa 1910. According to Daniel Burke, who provide the original scan of the photo from the Stamford Historical Socirty [...]
David G Regan was appointed to the Fire Department on May 8, 1905. He was initially assigned to Engine 1. He was promoted to lieutenant on February 8, 1915 and then to Captain in July 1, 1920. He was placed on the Veterens Reserve List in 7/1/1928. Captain Regan passed [...]
Before and after Photoshop touch-up by Phil Hayes George Hyland joined the Stamford Fire Department at age 29 on August 1, 1888. He was promoted to Captain on November 25, 1910. He retired just nine years later on March 1, 1919. George died on May 14, 1931 while marching in [...]
Rear Row: William Sutton, Tom Brennan, Victor Veit and Seth FerrisSeated: James Mitchell, Fire Chief Harry Parker, Michael Moyes
The Stamford Fire Department has grown to fifty-eight personnel in 1922, staffing three fire stations. Chief Victor Veit is in charge. During the previous year, 1921, the Department received and responded to 94 Bell Alarms, 140 Telephone Alarms and 18 verbal calls, for a total of 252 Alarms. This is [...]