The first two-way General Elec. FM radio receiver and transmitter was installed in the Chiefs Car, a 1950 Dodge – Serial Number N-5391. The radio was installed by Charles Ruby of Fairfield Marine Co., 433 Main St. and H. C. Oefinger, Supt. Of Fire Alarm.
In the coming months, additional radios where destined to be installed in Deputy Chiefs Car, the ambulance, the Fire Alarm car, the #1 Mack, #1 Engine #2 Engine and #3 Engine.
June 25, 1952
The following order was issued to explain the proper usage of the new two-way radios.