Several family pets were killed in a house fire at 9 Martin Street. There were no human injuries as a result of the blaze. The fire broke out shortly after 2:30 PM. The pets, including a a rabbit, a ferret and a snake, were apparently overcome by the smoke of the fire. Fire damage was limited to the first floor, but smoke and water damage could be found throughout the entire structure. The fire originated in the bedroom and was estimated to cause $50,000 worth of damage.
By Philip Hayes|2021-05-03T21:10:18-05:00March 31, 2021|Categories: 1900's, 1980-1989, Residential Fire, Timeline|Tags: Philip Hayes|Comments Off on 1987-12-9: Family Pets Perish in Martin Street House Fire
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
About the Author: Philip Hayes
I am a Captain with the Stamford Fire Department and the developer of this website.