1949-07-20: Stamford Firemen’s Association Merges with Local 786 of the International Association of Firefighters

From L to R: Chief Victor H Veit, Fireman Ralph J Kandetzki, Fireman / President John J Boesen, Deputy Chief Charles Speh. The Stamford Firemen's Association was originally organized on  July 1, 1862.  It was later reorganized on March 7, 1871. On July 20, 1949, at 8:08 PM, [...]