1990-01-02: Fire Destroys Southend Apartment House on Ludlow Street

Seventeen families were displaced on January 2, 1990 after a fire destroyed their apartment complex at 133-149 Ludlow Street on the South End of Stamford. A fire broke out in one of the second floor apartments of the red-brick townhouse type structure at around 1PM. Fire units arrived to find flames blowing out of several 2nd floor windows. The fire apparently got into the attic space that traverses all the apartments and ran across the entire building. The Fire was later determined to be caused by an electrical short in an overloaded extension cord.

Facebook Comments Box

Post a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *