June 15, 1971
Ground breaking for the new “Central Fire Headquarters.”
October 12, 1972
Official opening and Flag raising ceremonies was held at new Central Fire Headquarters. Present were Mayor Julius Wilensky, Fire Chief Charles R. McRedmond, Chairman of the Fire Commission member Joseph A. Czescik, John E. Cooper Comm. of Public Works.
March 6, 1973
Work was started by the City Demolishing Company of Stamford to demolish old Central Fire Headquarters and the mechanic’s garage. Old Central Fire Headquarters was built July 13, 1915 and served the City of Stamford for 57 years.